Top Small-Cap Stocks for October
Small-cap stocks are public companies that have market capitalizations ranging from $ million to $2 billion. Since the share prices of these companies can be very volatile, some companies in the small-cap universe, or in small-cap indexes, can have market caps significantly higher than this range at any particular time. Some of the stocks classified as small caps are movie theater chain AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. (AMC), printing and imaging company Eastman Kodak Co. (KODK), and retail drugstore chain Rite Aid Corp. (RAD).
Small-cap stocks, as represented by the Russell Index, have outperformed the broader market, providing investors with a total return of % compared to the Russell ’s total return of % over the past 12 months. These market performance numbers and the statistics in the tables below are as of Sept. 23,
Here are the top three small-cap stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum. The market valuations of some of the companies listed below are above the generally agreed upper limit of $2 billion for a stock to be considered small cap. This tends to happen in periods of higher volatility, especially for momentum stocks. However, they are still classified as small cap because stocks are not re-indexed as rapidly as their price movement. Their valuations may drop later as volatility subsides.
Best Value Small-Cap Stocks
These are the small-cap stocks with the lowest month trailing price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio. Because profits can be returned to shareholders in the form of dividends and buybacks, a low P/E ratio shows that you’re paying less for each dollar of profit generated.
|Best Value Small-Cap Stocks|
|Price ($)||Market Cap ($B)||Month Trailing P/E Ratio|
|California Resources Corp. (CRC)|
|Home Point Capital Inc. (HMPT)|
|Genworth Financial Inc. (GNW)|
- California Resources Corp.: California Resources is an oil and natural gas exploration and production (E&P) company with operations in California. It produces crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids (NGL). It also operates a power plant that generates electricity from natural gas. California Resources announced in early August financial results for Q2 of its fiscal year (FY), the three-month period ended June 30, The company's net loss attributable to common shareholders narrowed to $ million from $ million in the year-ago quarter. Revenue rose % year over year (YOY).
- Home Point Capital Inc.: Home Point Capital is a holding company that, through its subsidiaries, operates as a residential mortgage originator and servicer. It primarily operates through the wholesale channel, working with independent mortgage brokers to reach end-borrower customers.
- Genworth Financial Inc.: Genworth Financial is an insurance holding company. It is primarily focused on offering mortgage insurance and long-term care insurance for both individuals and groups. The company recently announced that it has completed the initial public offering (IPO) of its subsidiary Enact Holdings Inc. (ACT), a mortgage insurance provider. Approximately million shares of Enact common stock were sold in the IPO at a price of $ per share.
Fastest Growing Small-Cap Stocks
These are the top small-cap stocks as ranked by a growth model that scores companies based on a 50/50 weighting of their most recent quarterly YOY percentage revenue growth and their most recent quarterly YOY earnings per share (EPS) growth. Both sales and earnings are critical factors in the success of a company. Therefore, ranking companies by only one growth metric makes a ranking susceptible to the accounting anomalies of that quarter (such as changes in tax law or restructuring costs) that may make one figure or the other unrepresentative of the business in general. Companies with quarterly EPS or revenue growth of more than 2,% were excluded as outliers.
|Fastest Growing Small-Cap Stocks|
|Price ($)||Market Cap ($B)||EPS Growth (%)||Revenue Growth (%)|
|The Joint Corp. (JYNT)||1,|
|Echo Global Logistics Inc. (ECHO)||1,|
|Encore Wire Corp. (WIRE)||1,|
- The Joint Corp.: The Joint owns and operates chiropractic clinics throughout the U.S. It offers a variety of membership and wellness packages.
- Echo Global Logistics Inc.: Echo Global Logistics provides technology-enabled transportation and supply chain management services. Its primary focus is on arranging transportation with truckload and less than truckload carriers. The company recently agreed to be acquired for approximately $ billion by funds managed by The Jordan Company L.P. The transaction, which is expected to be completed before the end of , will result in Echo Global Logistics becoming a private company.
- Encore Wire Corp.: Encore Wire manufactures electrical building wire and cable. Its products are used for interior wiring in homes, apartments, and other residential buildings. It also makes wire for use in commercial and industrial buildings.
Small-Cap Stocks with the Most Momentum
These are the small-cap stocks that had the highest total return over the last 12 months.
|Small-Cap Stocks with the Most Momentum|
|Price ($)||Market Cap ($B)||Month Trailing Total Return (%)|
|Ocugen Inc. (OCGN)||2,|
|Marathon Digital Holdings Inc. (MARA)||1,|
|Agiliti Inc. (AGTI)||1,|
- Ocugen Inc.: Ocugen is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. It's focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of gene therapies to cure diseases related to blindness. It's also developing a COVID vaccine.
- Marathon Digital Holdings Inc.: Marathon Digital Holdings is a digital asset technology company engaged in the mining of cryptocurrencies. Its primary focus is on the blockchain and the generation of digital assets.
- Agiliti Inc.: Agiliti is a medical equipment management and services company. It provides clinical engineering, imaging solutions, surgical activities, and medical equipment rental solutions. The company recently announced that it agreed to acquire Sizewise Rentals LLC, a manufacturer and distributor of specialty hospital beds, surfaces, and patient handling equipment, for $ million. The transaction is expected to be completed early in Q4
The comments, opinions, and analyses expressed herein are for informational purposes only and should not be considered individual investment advice or recommendations to invest in any security or adopt any investment strategy. While we believe the information provided herein is reliable, we do not warrant its accuracy or completeness. The views and strategies described in our content may not be suitable for all investors. Because market and economic conditions are subject to rapid change, all comments, opinions, and analyses contained within our content are rendered as of the date of the posting and may change without notice. The material is not intended as a complete analysis of every material fact regarding any country, region, market, industry, investment, or strategy.
Stocks: Real-time U.S. stock quotes reflect trades reported through Nasdaq only; comprehensive quotes and volume reflect trading in all markets and are delayed at least 15 minutes. International stock quotes are delayed as per exchange requirements. Fundamental company data and analyst estimates provided by FactSet. Copyright © FactSet Research Systems Inc. All rights reserved. Source: FactSet
Indexes: Index quotes may be real-time or delayed as per exchange requirements; refer to time stamps for information on any delays. Source: FactSet
Markets Diary: Data on U.S. Overview page represent trading in all U.S. markets and updates until 8 p.m. See Closing Diaries table for 4 p.m. closing data. Sources: FactSet, Dow Jones
Stock Movers: Gainers, decliners and most actives market activity tables are a combination of NYSE, Nasdaq, NYSE American and NYSE Arca listings. Sources: FactSet, Dow Jones
ETF Movers: Includes ETFs & ETNs with volume of at least 50, Sources: FactSet, Dow Jones
Bonds: Bond quotes are updated in real-time. Sources: FactSet, Tullett Prebon
Currencies: Currency quotes are updated in real-time. Sources: FactSet, Tullett Prebon
Commodities & Futures: Futures prices are delayed at least 10 minutes as per exchange requirements. Change value during the period between open outcry settle and the commencement of the next day's trading is calculated as the difference between the last trade and the prior day's settle. Change value during other periods is calculated as the difference between the last trade and the most recent settle. Source: FactSet
Data are provided 'as is' for informational purposes only and are not intended for trading purposes. FactSet (a) does not make any express or implied warranties of any kind regarding the data, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use; and (b) shall not be liable for any errors, incompleteness, interruption or delay, action taken in reliance on any data, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Data may be intentionally delayed pursuant to supplier requirements.
Mutual Funds & ETFs: All of the mutual fund and ETF information contained in this display, with the exception of the current price and price history, was supplied by Lipper, A Refinitiv Company, subject to the following: Copyright © Refinitiv. All rights reserved. Any copying, republication or redistribution of Lipper content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Lipper. Lipper shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Cryptocurrencies: Cryptocurrency quotes are updated in real-time. Sources: CoinDesk (Bitcoin), Kraken (all other cryptocurrencies)
Calendars and Economy: 'Actual' numbers are added to the table after economic reports are released. Source: Kantar Media
- Clear prop models
- 1987 olds 442 specs
- Gauntlet antonyms
- Extra watermelon gum nutrition facts
- Litespeed bikes
Should you invest in small-cap stocks?
If you are willing to hold an investment for several years and feel comfortable with the price of a stock fluctuating greatly, then small-cap stocks might have a place in your portfolio. Owning small-cap stocks can boost your portfolio's overall growth rate, provided that you commit to a buy-and-hold investing strategy.
Remember, small companies are more likely to fail than large, established businesses, as was recently demonstrated during the coronavirus pandemic. It's important to conduct the necessary research before investing in any small-cap stock. You can also further lower your risk by investing in a small-cap-focused fund.
Here's Why Tesla Stock Rose Today
Vehicle sales from the company's plant in China broke a record last month.
Howard Smith | Oct 12,
Tesla Earnings: What to Look For
Can the company's third-quarter update live up to its recently reported record deliveries for the period?
Daniel Sparks | Oct 12,
3 Nasdaq Stocks to Pile Into for the Fourth Quarter (and Beyond)
Bargains still abound within the high-growth Nasdaq
Sean Williams | Oct 12,
What's Hot in the Stock Market?
We've got a look at Merck and Amazon and Warby Parker and more.
Chris Hill | Oct 11,
Why Tesla Stock Moved Higher on Monday
One analyst is cheering Tesla's well-timed aggressive efforts to expand its manufacturing capacity.
Daniel Sparks | Oct 11,
Buying These 3 Robinhood Stocks Could Be the Smartest Investing Move You Ever Make
They've won in the short term. But long-term gains could be bigger.
Adria Cimino | Oct 11,
Why The Holiday Season Could Be Better Than You Think
Americans seem ready to spend despite the challenges to the broader retail industry.
Jeremy Bowman, Toby Bordelon, and Brian Withers | Oct 9,
Tesla's Model S and X Deliveries Are Rising Again
Model 3 and Y may represent the bulk of the electric-car maker's deliveries, but investors shouldn't overlook the importance of Tesla's two pricier models.
Daniel Sparks | Oct 8,
These 3 No-Brainer Stocks Were Top Performers This Quarter. Should You Buy?
The market's recent slide has been a bummer. But there were at least three stocks that powered higher in the last three months.
Justin Pope | Oct 8,
Amazon's Gearing Up for a Massive Fourth Quarter
Holiday shopping has started earlier than ever at Amazon.
Adam Levy | Oct 7,
Cap stock prices small
.Small Cap Recap: +$3.6K - Will DATS Stock Break Out?
- Yoruba magic
- Amazon fabric bundles
- Sea 90 fertilizer reviews
- Whatsapp bot python
- Sf9 idol room
- Aternos youtube
- Pisces weekly horoscope
- Furniture plugs plastic
- Toshiba facebook
- Best cigars.com
- Pinecrest funeral chapel
- 500 a day salary