Web Animation / 1 Minute Melee
1 MINUTE MELEE
1 Minute Melee (formerly One Minute Melee) was a Spin-Off series to DEATH BATTLE! on ScrewAttack, done by DB animators (mostly Mali De'lisser). Exactly as the name suggests, every fight is over within a minute, and unlike Death Battle doesn't have outcomes determined by research (in this case meaning the winner is decided purely through Author Appeal), and the fights don't necessarily have to end in death.
In 2016, One Minute Melee split away from ScrewAttack and has dissociated itself from Death Battle. It is now run by a studio known as Hyper Gauge, featuring the same animators working in collaboration.
open/close all folders
- Adaptational Badass: While nearly all of the characters featured in the series are exceptional badasses, Bowser takes the cake for managing to destroy the Super Mario Bros. Z incarnation of Mecha Sonic, who, to keep it short, single-handedly destroyed Mobius and slaughtered everyone short of Sonic, Shadow, and Eggman effortlessly, not to mention leveling Yoshi's Island and horribly curb-stomping all who opposed him.
- Meruem was already incredibly powerful and nearly unstoppable in Hunter × Hunter. How does he get a boost? By delivering a Curb-Stomp Battle to Cell in arguably the most one-sided fight in all of One Minute Melee.
- In Batman vs. Iron Man, the very-much human Batman is able to repeatedly tank laser blasts and solid blows from the cybernetically-enhanced Iron Man, as well as several massive explosions — upgrading him from Badass Normal to Charles Atlas Superpower-levels of durability. Even moreso when he outright wins.
- Mario vs. Sonic is another example compared to the original DEATH BATTLE! between them; not only does Mario put up an even fight against Sonic despite neither of them using their power-ups, but he straight up wins against him.
- Endermen in Minecraft are mooks (granted, Elite Mooks) that generally attack by teleporting and making melee contact with the player. Here, one is shown to have far more combat capability by fighting on par with Slender Man, being able to grab the environment as a weapon, throwing Slender Man around and smashing him through trees. Still wasn't enough against Slenderman.
- Adaptational Wimp: On the other hand, you sometimes have characters who are shown to be far weaker than their canon selves- key examples being Meta Knight in Meta Knight vs. Zero, Dante in Ragna the Bloodedge vs. Dante, Wario in Wario vs. Knuckles and Alice in Alice Margatroid vs. Sasori — all of whom ended up being overnerfed and then completely stomped accordingly by their respective opponents.
- Actually a Doombot:
- April Fools' Day: "Goku vs. Sonic" was released on April 1, 2016. The fight entails Goku knocking out Sonic in the first two seconds, killing Godzilla, screaming at Kirby until he exploded, defeating The Avengers, blowing up the Death Star, then dying at the hands of Saitama, who is subsequently challenged by Superman. What's notible here is that this is actually canon in the OMM universe, as "Saitama vs. Superman" was the Season 3 finale (picking up where this left off, with "Raiden vs. Genos" as its sequel) and "Gohan vs. Superboy" acts as a P.O.V. Sequel — with the reveal that the Goku in this video was actually a clone.
- Back from the Dead: There are characters that get a second chance at glory after losing their matches in Death Battle, and even within the series itself — most notably, Batman and Meta Knight returned for future matches and won after they unambiguously died in their first appearances.
- Most notably, Akuma and Kenpachi have fought each other three times, with each subsequent battle having them holding back less and less.note Akuma won all three. Similarly, Sephiroth and Vergil have battled twice.note Vergil won the first fight, and the second bout had both fight to a draw.
- Big Damn Heroes: After the rematch between Akuma and Kenpachi ends, Yachiru carts the unconscious Kenpachi — who was drifting down a river of lava — away to recuperate.
Yachiru: We'll keep on getting better and better together!
- "Scorpion vs. Ghost Rider" starts with Scorpion about to finish off Ken, who fought Scorpion to avenge Ryu's death in the Death Battle episode. Ghost Rider then intervenes by wrapping his chain around Scorpion's neck, pulling him over, and socking him in the face, allowing Ken time to get clear of the fight.
- At the end of "Bowser Jr. vs. Metal Sonic", Bowser showing up to rescue Bowser Jr. after his brutal beating at the hands of Mecha Sonic, moving him safely away from the fight before turning to engage the monstrous mecha himselffor attacking his son.
- "Meta Knight vs. Shovel Knight" ends with Meta Knight attempting to finish off the downed Shovel Knight with a Sword Beam — which, as a heroic invidual with a strong code of honour, seems veryOut of Character for him. It's at which point the real Meta Knight teleports in to stop him, revealing that the one who had fought beforehand was the evil Dark Meta Knight, before quickly destroying his Mirror World counterpart to save Shovel Knight.
- Bolivian Army Ending: The end of Link vs. Sora reveals that Link was possessed by Dark Link, who then proceeds to summon hundreds of Heartless around them in the Gerudo Desert. The episode ends with Link, Sora, Donald and Goofy teaming up to battle them.
- Broken Win/Loss Streak: A cross-media example with DEATH BATTLE! and DBX. Zero's win streak in his first One Minute Melee, Death Battle and Death Battle X is broken by Noctis in his second One Minute Melee.
- Butt-Monkey: The universe isn't very kind to Ryu. First, his death by Scorpion's hands is alluded to in Scorpion vs. Ghost Rider. Second, his chance for redemption against Jin Kazama ends in a Double KO. Third, he gets blown up, or at the very least teleported away by Polygon Man at the beginning of Master Hand vs. Polygon Man. At least he didn't die in his actual OMM.
- To the "Ryu vs. Scorpion" death battle in Scorpion vs. Ghost Rider. Ken fought Scorpion to avenge Ryu's death and was about to die when Ghost Rider stepped in.
- In "Jotaro Kujo vs. Kenshiro", the battlefield takes place where Sakuya fought Dio with Dio's still-living body still splattered along the ground with Sakuya's knives sticking out of them.
- In "Roronoa Zoro vs. Ruroni Kenshin," it takes place in the same forest as "Naruto vs. Luffy,". You can tell because Naruto's body is still sticking out of the rock Luffy slammed him into.
- In "Bowser Jr. vs. Metal Sonic", the fight takes place during or after "Bowser vs. Dr. Eggman" as Bowser is clearly seen rescuing Bowser Jr. after his defeat and getting ready to fight Mecha Sonic himself. The fight also ends in the same meadow that Bowser's fight did.
- "Bowser vs. Mecha Sonic" begins with the last scene from "Bowser Jr. vs. Metal Sonic", but from Bowser's point of view.
- "Waddle Dee vs. Goomba" has Bowser taking a vacation "after saving the world from a crazy scientist and a bulked up robot-hog", referencing the two melees he has fought in before.
- "Trunks vs. Silver" starts out with Vegeta fighting Shadow, which is later expended upon in its own bonus episode. At the end of both episodes, Vegeta comes out with another victory against Shadow.
- Goku vs Sonic probably has the most continuity coming off of it:
- Goku blasting The Hulk off the planet is what leads to Hulk vs Broly, which opens with The Hulk drifting through space.
- "Saitama vs. Superman" begins when Saitama is accused of causing massive amounts of destruction which Goku (who he killed) was responsible for in "Goku vs. Sonic".
- In a fun bit of continuation, Saitama's pupil Genos is accused of said destruction by Raiden when the two encounter each other, leading to their own fight.
- The destruction is also blamed on Gohan by Superboy, which leads to their fight.
- At the end of "Luigi vs. Tails", Knuckles finally gets his long-awaited revenge against Dr. Eggman for stealing the Master Emerald whilst he was distracted in "Wario vs. Knuckles".
- A brief clip of Sephiroth from the end of "Vergil vs. Sephiroth" (the first one) is shown before the beginning of "Sephiroth vs. Vergil" (the second one), where, sure enough, Sephiroth keeps his promise.
Sephiroth: I'll see you again.
- Continuity Lockout: Saitama Vs. Superman is a sequel to Goku Vs Sonic?!. That said, the latter was uploaded to a different channel.
- Continuity Nod: The final bit of Piccolo vs Martian Manhunter shows an opening clip from Saitama vs Superman, as Martian Manhunter was waiting for the latter to arrive.
- Crossover Alternate Universe: Like Death Battle, every fighter from their own works live in this series' universe.
- Curb-Stomp Battle:
- Metal Sonic vs. Bowser Jr. doesn't even try to hide the fact that both of the titular characters stand no chance against Mecha Sonic. Junior at least put up some semblance of a fight, but Metal gets absolutely trashed even before the actual fight begins.
- Also, Master Hand vs Polygon Man. Polygon Man tried to put up a fight, but the fight is basically a fist punching a face, so the outcome isn't surprising.
- Asuna vs. Orie starts off even enough, but when Orie brings in her Thanatos spirit, she very quickly gains control of the fight, with Asuna being forced to spam projectiles just to get a hit in.
- Cell vs. Meruem is extremely one-sided in favor of Meruem. Try as he might, Cell can only land two hits on Meruem, while the Chimera Ant King disassembles him piece by piece.
- GOKU vs. SONIC? is the biggest example of this by far. It takes all of two seconds for Goku to defeat Sonic.
- Zero vs. Meta Knight is likewise extremely one-sided in favour of Zero. Not helped by the fact that Meta Knight'sforbidden from using any of his special abilities and techniques beyond his basic swordplay (Despite using his voice and appearance from the Super Smash Bros. series), an unusually-bloodthirsty and psychotic Zero pretty much stomps him throughout. Meta Knight is literally only able to get a few hits in before the Maverick Hunter brutally and gleefully murders him, despite Zero's usual outright refusal to kill living beings.
- Zig-zagged in Painwheel vs Decapre. When the fight starts, Decapre is relentlessly beating down Painwheel, blow by blow. Come the last twenty seconds of the fight, Painwheel flies into a rage and completely destroys Decapre.
- Guts vs. Kirito ends on a similar note as Asuna vs. Orie. Once Guts goes into his Berserker Armor, the rest of the fight consists of him absolutely destroying Kirito.
- Meta Knight vs. Shovel Knight involves the second-biggest example of this after GOKU vs. SONIC?. Although the battle itself is pretty even for the most part, it takes Meta Knight himself all of three seconds to appear and dispatch Dark Meta Knight at the end.
- Played With in Bill Cipher vs. Sans. Although most of the fight ends up being a huge stomp in Sans' favour thanks to his telekinesis and Gaster Blasters, Bill Cipher still wins by pausing time right at the last second and slapping Sansonce — giving the impression that Bill himself was just toying with him.
- Gaara vs Crocodile: Crocodile manages to consistently No-Sell Gaara's attacks, up until the latter starts attacking physically instead of using only sand, but Gaara is unable to turn the fight around.
- While for most of Goten vs Boruto, the fighters were about even, when Goten turns Super Saiyan, Boruto gets utterly trounced.
- When Luffy, Zoro, and Ichigo try to attack Aizen in Aizen vs Madara, Aizen knocks them all out with a single attack.
- The Bowser vs. Eggman fight was dedicated to Super Mario Bros. Z series.
- Bowser Jr. vs Metal Sonic as well, as it takes place either during or after the above, and has Mecha Sonic show up from out of nowhere to deliver an absolutely brutal beatdown to both combatants.
- Determinator: Kenpachi Zaraki earns this for having the sheer tenacity and power to go toe-to-toe with the incredibly powerful Akuma three times in a row, and being completely nonchalant about it.
- Although he loses all three battles against his opponent, Kenpachi's still able to put up a good fight each time, and even came close to killing Akuma in his Oni form in the last confrontation they had before having the Shun Goku Satsu performed on him, so props to the guy for that, at least.
- Double Knockout: Both Lucario vs. Renamon and Ryu vs. Jin Kazama end with both combatants knocked out at the same time. This later happens again in the extended cut of Little Mac vs. Ippo, after both fighters take a round each. This happens once again in Waddle Dee vs. Goomba to a humorous extent, after Bowser Jr. launches a massive Banzai Bill to attempt to help his team, but ends up wiping both sides out, as does Vergil vs. Sephiroth after the two impale each other with their respective swords in mid-air, before crashing into an erupting volcano.
- Downer Ending: With Crocodile defeating Gaara by dehydrating his whole body, the Whole Sand Village was doomed and Crocodile's Bomb was set off, presumably killing everyone. Crocodile had some cold last words to Gaara.
Crocodile:You couldn't save them.
- Evasive Fight-Thread Episode:
- One could see the match between Lucario and Renamon as this when it comes to the two Fandom Rivalryssince the fight ended in a draw.
- Another episode between Samus Aran and Mega Man has Mega Man seemingly fight Samus with the later reveal that its actually SA-X from Metroid Fusion. Mega Man is declared the official winner even though he technically didn't even fight Samus- he was actually fighting theSA-X the whole time. Samus herself actually stepped in to help Mega Man finish the SA-X off, and then left without any hostilities exchanged.
- Also the case with Link Vs. Sora, since a more accurate title would be Dark Link Vs. Sora. Sora wins, beating the curse out of Link. They then team upto take on Dark Link and his army of Heartless.
- Yet another case with Bowser Jr. vs Metal Sonic, as Mecha Sonic is the one who defeats/destroys both of them.
- Ichigo vs. Sasuke ended relatively inconclusively. Ichigo was about to kill Sasuke before being caught in a genjutsu, but Sasuke opted not to take advantage of his incapacitation, leaving both fighters alive. Ichigo was given the win, due to having overwhelmed Sasuke with his bankai and having got the final blow in before the timer ended.
- Simiarly, the April Fools' Day episode of Goku vs. Sonic ended with both characters defeated: Sonic is knocked unconscious 2 seconds into the fight while Goku, who had defeated Kirby, Godzilla and the Avengers, is killed by Saitama.
- Evil vs. Evil: Bowser vs. Dr. Eggman, Mewtwo vs. Frieza, Vergil vs. Sephiroth, Bowser Jr. vs. Metal Sonic with Mecha Sonic joining in, Master Hand vs. Polygon Man, Heihachi Mishima vs. Geese Howard, Bowser vs. Mecha Sonic, Cell vs. Meruem, Painwheel vs. Decapre, M. Bison vs. God Rugal, Bowser vs. King Dedede and Enderman vs. Slender Man all feature villains fighting against other villains.
- Exact Words: Bowser Jr. vs Metal Sonic, just not the current or canon one.
- the title "GOKU VS SONIC?" implies that Goku won't fight Sonic in the episode. Turns out, this isn't because Sonic is KO'd in the first two seconds of the match, but because it was not Goku, but a clone accidentally created by Goku and Gohan during a training session that was shown in the episode.
- Faking the Dead: We don't see it until the next season, but Dio Brando survived. Quite handily, in fact.
- In the One Minute Melee for Mega Man versus Samus Aran, Mega Man's scan search reads "UNKNOWN LIFE FORM DETECTED." Even with the physical changes to Samus growing up, she more than likely would've been identified as human or at least partially so. The SA-X, meanwhile...
- In the melee between Shovel Knight and Meta Knight, Meta Knight is acting very oddly for his normal characterization. Meta Knight is normally stoic and follows a Code of Honor — here, Meta Knight is itching to pick a fight with Shovel Knight, and initiates the fight despite the latter's protests against it. This is your first clue that this is not Meta Knight.
- Foregone Conclusion: Watching Trunks vs. Silver spoils who wins Vegeta vs. Shadow (the prequel fight), which is why it's labeled as a bonus episode.
- Forgot About His Powers: As a result of the "No research" clause, many characters do not use the full extent of their abilities and lose fights they might have otherwise won. Word of God is that the versions of the characters used for the battles depend on what sprites are available.
- Meta Knight for example, got hit particularly hard by this in Meta Knight vs. Zero. He's forbidden from using any of his moves and abilities from both the main Kirby series and Super Smash Bros beyond his basic swordplay, despite him still using the same voice and appearance as from the latter and official sprites definitely being available for at least some of his special moves, such as his Mach Tornado and Dimensional Cape.
- Interface Screw:
- In Sakuya Izayoi vs. Dio Brando, with one second left on the clock, both combatants stop time, causing the clock to freeze. The fight lasts another full minute.
- Downplayed version in Bowser Jr vs Metal Sonic; Mecha Sonic interrupts right when the announcer says "Fight!", cutting it off and replacing it with "Here Comes A New Challenger!".
- Interface Spoiler: Some of the seasons feature a character select screen a la a typical fighting game. Considering how the animators seem to love comparing characters, it's usually not very difficult to guess upcoming fights.
- Let's You and Him Fight:
- Kenshiro attacks Jotaro over a misconception, believing Jotaro and Dio Brando were allies. Jotaro doesn't even try to correct it, and just wants to fight.
- Justified with Captain America vs Guile. Guile is bringing Steve in on a mission against Shadaloo, and wants to test his skills first-hand to ensure that he's up for the job.
- Mood Whiplash: At the beginning of M. Bison vs. God Rugal, for a brief moment, there is a screen displaying two windows: One of which is some kind of news channel warning viewers about Painwheel's murderous rampage, while the other is Ibuki's Twitter feed. Where she posted a selfie. That was photobombed by Peacock.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Ragna somehow gains abilities he doesn't have in his series in his match against Dante.
- Nonstandard Character Design: Gets a bit of this, as the characters the series portrays come from different franchises.
- Probably the biggest example of this is Peacock vs BB Hood, Ibuki vs Valentine, and Painwheel vs Decapre. Peacock, Valentine, and Painwheel's hand-drawn animation looks especially jarring when put side-by-side with BB Hood, Ibuki, and Decapre's 16-bit style.
- Averted in Shantae vs. Filia, where both characters got custom hand-drawn sprites to more closely resemble each other's style, depending on the scene.
- Probably the biggest example of this is Peacock vs BB Hood, Ibuki vs Valentine, and Painwheel vs Decapre. Peacock, Valentine, and Painwheel's hand-drawn animation looks especially jarring when put side-by-side with BB Hood, Ibuki, and Decapre's 16-bit style.
- No-Sell: Downplayed in Jotaro vs Kenshiro. Kenshiro tries to use his famous "You Are Already Dead" Signature Move, and lands enough hits to think he's won. Jotaro ends up coughing blood, but doesn't die.
- Out of Character: Some of the combatants exhibit behaviour that goes against their canon selves:
- Samus viciously fighting Mega Man without a good reason to. It's revealed after the fight that it wasn't her, but theSA-X taking on her form. The real Samus shows up afterward to help Mega Man put it down for good.
- Sonic the Hedgehog intentionally and brutally murdering The Flash for fighting his friends — who are implied to have attacked him first, no less — and saying he deserved it. Fortunately averted in Mario vs. Sonic, where he's portrayed much more accurately as the cocky but well-meaning Jerk with a Heart of Gold he is in canon.
- Link attacking the heroic Sora, Donald and Goofy without any good reason to. After the fight, it's revealed that he was being possessed by Dark Link, who most certainly would.
- For a case of this from both combatants in a match, Meta Knight squealing like a little girl (Complete with derpy facial expression) at Zero's Rekkoha despite normally being very calmandcollected (Although to be fair, this was likely intentional.), and Zero being outright gleeful at brutallystabbing himthrough the faceand bisecting him vertically when hiscanonself certainly would not have been — not even taking into account his usual refusal of killing sentient living beings.
- Production Foreshadowing: Most of the combatants form season 2 and season 5 have already been revealed by the fake Character Select screens.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The reason the animator gave as to why some versions of some characters — like early Shippuden Naruto and Sasuke — were used over others is because sprites of the later, more powerful versions and their abilities aren't readily available or are non-existent, and a lot of time and/or money they don't have would be needed to create brand new custom sprites.
- Running Time in the Title: As is the case for each fight.
- Running Gag: People getting lost in the same forest. It all comes to a head in the Season 4 Debut, where Luffy, Zoro, and Ichigo all try to get out of the forest together. And even then, it doesn't stop others form getting lost as well.
- Sequel Hook:
- Akuma vs Kenpachi ends with Kenpachi being launched into the sky. This continues into Catwoman vs Black Widow.
- Oni vs Kenpachi ends with Yachiru retrieving a defeated Kenpachi from the wreckage of the fight. This fight continues in Oni vs Kenpachi 3 and ends with Oni performing the Raging Demon on Kenpachi, thus finishing the feud.
- Dio vs Sakuya ends with Sakuya leaving Dio's bloodied body behind, complete with the famous JoJo To Be Continued sign. This eventually leads to Jotaro vs Kenshiro.
- Vergil vs Sephiroth ends with a defeated Sephiroth promising Vergil that they'll cross paths once more.
- Zoro vs Kenshin ends with Sasuke finding Naruto waist-deep into the cliff he was launched into. This leads to Sasuke vs. Ichigo.
- Peacock vs BB Hood ends with Valentine with a Slasher Smile, readying her needles for... something...
- Bowser Jr. vs Metal Sonic ends with Bowser and Mecha Sonic facing off, ready for combat.
- Sasuke vs. Ichigo ends with Sasuke limping away with Naruto after knocking Ichigo out with a genjutsu, all three living to fight again.
- Goku vs. Sonic ends with Superman stepping up to challenge Saitama.
- In an inversion, Trunks vs. Silver ends with the Sonic hedgehogs being beaten by Goku, Vegeta and Trunks. Vegeta and Shadow's fight was later released as a bonus episode.
- A downplayed example: The ending of Waddle Dee vs. Goomba features Bowser and king Dedede playing tennis, but is presented as a sequel hook.
- M. Bison vs. God Rugal ends with an ominous preview of Cyber Akuma.
- Akuma vs Kenpachi ends with Kenpachi being launched into the sky. This continues into Catwoman vs Black Widow.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story:
- After going through Hell just so he can have his lunch, Goku gets pwned by Saitama in GOKU VS SONIC?
- Scott Pilgrim beat up Viewtiful Joe in order to get the last tickets to the movie, only to find out that the tickets got sold out when they were fighting.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Trunks wins his fight, only to show up in the next episode skewered on his own sword thanks to Cell.
- Some of the moves in Link's battle with Sora are similar to the ones in his battle with Pit in Palutena's Super Smash Bros. trailer.
- In the joke Ben vs. Craig battle, right after the person at the beginning of the short watches the conclusion of Goku vs. Superman, one of their portraits (aside from a Dragon Ball Z one) is an anthro Pinkie Pie with an ice cream cone.
- The finishing blow in Round One of "Little Mac vs. Ippo Makunouchi" is reminiscent of Glass Joe's KO scenes from Punch-Out!! for the Wii, even using the same sound effect. Likewise, the way Ippo punched Mac into the ropes and tied him up in them about halfway through is reminiscent of how his opponent knocked out AranRyan in the same game.
- The opening to "Captain America vs. Guile" has Guile entering the scene like it's a level of Metal Gear Solid V.
- In Shovel Knight vs Meta Knight, the shovel blade planted into a pile of burning skulls brings to mind strong Dark Souls imagery.
- Scott seems to have taken moves from more than just video games in his episode.
- Something Completely Different: Most fights are a duel between two singular characters: Waddle Dee vs. Goomba switches up the formula by having both sides fight as armies.
- Take That!: The title of Saitama vs. Superman's theme is No Limit Fallacy, which is a jab at the Hyper Gauge animators' former employers and their infamous analysis of Superman.
- In Bill Cipher vs. Sans, Bill remarks that Sans is overrated and that the vocal fandom of Undertale in particular is having a profoundly negative effect on the game's appeal. Though at least part of it may have been out of irritation at the Annoying Dog flattening him with the Hat of Discipline to stop him from killing Sans.
Bill Cipher: Eh, he was overrated, anyway. Hope their franchise bombs or whatever — think the fandom has that covered, already.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Bowser vs. Eggman is this to the Mario fanbase to some extent, since that franchise's characters always lost to Sonic Characters in DEATH BATTLE! until Donkey Kong vs. Knuckles.
- On a more meta level, the fight is a tribute to Alvin-Earthworm and the fans of Super Mario Bros. Z, which was still canceled at the time. What fan of that series didn't want to pretend it was still a thing, if only for 60 seconds?
- And an even bigger homage to Super Mario Bros. Z ? Bowser Jr. Vs. Metal Sonic, the sequel of sorts to Bowser Vs. Eggman, has Mecha Sonic show up, DECIMATE Metal, and fight Junior in his place. Yes, an actual SMBZ character fighting on the show. It's as much of a love letter as it sounds.
- Twist Ending
- Ichigo vs. Sasuke ends with Ichigo cutting Sasuke down... only for Sasuke to knock Ichigo out using a genjutsu with his Sharingan at the last second.
- Goku vs. Sonic ends with Saitama killing Goku and being subsequently challenged by Superman.
- After Meta Knight's victory in Meta Knight vs. Shovel Knight, the real Meta Knight appears to dispatch the first one in about three seconds — revealing him to be the evil impostor Dark Meta Knight, and in turn explaining why he attacked a fellow hero first and then tried to kill Shovel Knight afterward when normally, he would not.
- Updated Re-release: Following One Minute Melee departing from Death Battle, the Little Mac vs Makunouchi Ippo Season 2 finale was re-released with some extra polish on it, turning the original one-fight battle into a three-parter and adding some voiced cutscenes in between.
- Worthy Opponent: The winner of "Jotaro vs. Kenshiro" felt this way against the loser.
- Guile vs. Captain America and Paul vs. Ken also end with the combatants showing their respect for one another.
- In Killua vs. Hiei, this was the only reason Hiei didn't oughtright kill his opponent.
- Wham Shot: For anyone who watched Super Mario Bros. Z, there's one at the beginning of Bowser Jr. vs Metal Sonic, when Mecha Sonic shows up from completely out of nowhere and effortlessly destroys Metal Sonic. Fans of SMBZ knew in that moment that poor Bowser Jr. was screwed before the real fight even began.
Announcer: Here comes a new challenger!
- Would Hit a Girl:
- Kim Kaphwan vs. Juri Han; albeit in Kim's case, it's in self-defense.
- Mega Man vs. Samus Aran.
- Sakuya Izayoi vs. Dio Brando.
- Alice Margatroid vs. Sasori.
- Samson, Filia's hair-parasite definitely counts in Shantae vs. Filia.
- Mob vs. Tatsumaki; although the latter started it.
- Ruby Rose vs. Spider-Man; Frank West decides to try to make a buck off of that.
One Minute Melee: Bishamon VS Silver Samurai
1 Minute Melee!Just focus your minds to the fighting ways!Two fighters! Sixty seconds! No research! One victor!GO!(Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters)Most mutants around the world weren't really seen as the greatest people by mankind everywhere, in fact, there were a few areas that were against mutants altogether. Some that didn't understand why each individual had what they had in the form of powers or even strange new body parts. But, if there was one place that any mutant was welcomed and accepted, it would be Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, where mutants from all over can not only get a good education and better control of their powers, but learn to fight for the Earth, to prove that mutants aren't all bad. And with the help of some recent new characters that have visited the school, mutants were getting more welcomed by the day.But right now, there were bigger concerns according to the Professor as he and his blue skinned friend were waiting outside the school to see a familiar gruff, brown haired muscled man in a yellow skin-tight suit and claws out and ready as he looked up towards the crack in the sky."You have to admit, that crack is getting bigger by the minute." The man, known as Wolverine, frowned."Then we don't have much time to lose." Beast said. "If what this 'Father' figure says is true, then if this crack gets even bigger, the world could easily be destroyed.""I know we have a new world to check out, but if we're going to actually explore it, we need to destroy the source of the power." Professor Xavier said as he crossed his arms. "Fights are happening every day of the week, and people are beginning to panic. One small fight and the world could be close to dropping."Wolverine groaned as he turned towards Xavier. "Well, Charles, is there a way you can get me to the source?"Charles Xavier paused as he held his head. "I might have an idea, but we're going to need a little help..."It was at this moment Xavier paused as he kept holding his head. His eyes widened as he narrowed his eyes. Beast and Wolverine looked at each other as Beast raised an eyebrow. "Is there trouble?""I'm afraid so." Xavier sighed. "Jean just sent me a message telling me that one of the new teachers just got loose."Wolverine groaned as he held his head. "That guy with the cursed armor on? I thought he told us he would be able to control it.""Apparently, it seems he was mistaken." Xavier frowned as Wolverine looked around for a bit, as if sensing something in the distance. "We better get in there and restrain him before-"All of a sudden, Wolverine jumped in front of Xavier, confusing him as Wolverine held his claws up and gave a slash. A thrown katana had fallen on the ground as the three stared at it. The yellow clad hero looked up as he gave a growl. "All right, come on out! I know you're there...""Very perceptive as per usual, Wolverine..." a voice said as a figure dropped down in front of the three heroes."Oh no..." Beast groaned as he looked ready to fight.Indeed, the figure who picked up his katana was a large man in silver armor with a red sun emblem, a samurai helmet covering his face except for his mouth and chin. His eyes then glowed red upon setting sight on Wolverine."Don't tell me you're back for another rematch! I have had enough problems as it is, Keniuchio Harada!" Wolverine growled as he readied his claws.Harada gave a smirk as he readied his katana. "As much as fighting for my honor would please me, Logan, I actually have no interest in fighting you."This caused Wolverine to lower his guard in surprise, before recovering. "You're not bluffing me!"During that time, Xavier groaned as he held his head, before his eyes widened. "We may have bigger problems right now. The new teacher..."The Silver Samurai gave a smirk as he turned to Xavier. "Ah yes, your 'new teacher'. Call him out. I'm dying to meet him."Wolverine and Beast raised an eyebrow, but before they could ask any questions, the doors to the school were kicked opened as a figure stepped out. Wolverine, Beast and Xavier turned around as a sense of dread filled the air. The figure stood, katana in hand as he looked around. The person in question was a dark purple skinned man with blonde hair adorning red armor with the chest plate showing a skull face with large, sharp teeth."Bishamon..." Xavier gave a small sigh as he looked up. "Don't tell me the armor got to your mind again..."Bishamon just gave a laugh as he wielded his katana. "Even the poor old fool couldn't resist wearing my armor for long. But now, I thirst for blood. And you would be the perfect first victim, Charles..."Beast growled as he stepped in front of the professor, giving a glare. "Bishamon, don't do something you'll regret! Any minute now, the other Darkstalkers will find you and try to restrain you!""Please, some of them were easy to get rid of..." Bishamon laughed as he noticed the Silver Samurai standing by. "Ah, and who are you to come to this school?""I'll tell you who I am..." Harada growled as he brandished his katana. "Someone who holds the honor of samurai very seriously, and I've heard of your recent travels, Bishamon. How you killed people for their blood. That is most dishonorable!"Wolverine just stared at the Silver Samurai in disbelief. "Are you kidding me? You try and kill people all the time.""Yes, but the only difference is that I don't drink the blood of my enemies." Silver Samurai said as he narrowed his eyes at the laughing purple samurai. "I think it's time that I took you down and revive the honor of the samurai once and for all..."Wolverine could only scoff at this, causing the Silver Samurai to glare at the claw wielding superhero. "And after I do that, you're next, Logan!"Bishamon could only laugh a bit upon the Silver Samurai's declaration as he walked past Beast and Xavier, readying his own katana. "So, you really think that you can beat me in my own game, when I have slaughtered thousands before you? Consider my curiosity piqued.""Bring it." The Silver Samurai said as he went into a fighting stance.From nearby, Wolverine, Beast and Xavier could only watch as the blue skinned creature turned to his partner and mentor. "What should we do, X?""For now, nothing. Like it or not, both the Silver Samurai and Bishamon being in the same room is both a blessing and a curse. We can only wait until the other Darkstalkers and teachers catch up." Xavier said."And if Harada wins?" Wolverine asked as he raised an eyebrow.Xavier could only stay silent as he turned his attention towards the battle of the two samurais.THEY SLICE, THEY DICE, THEY HAVE THE TENDENCY OF CHOPPING YOU TO BITS!FIGHT!(60 Seconds)Bishamon started the battle by dashing straight towards his opponent, katana raised and ready as he swung it at the Silver Samurai. But the silver clad man vanished as the cursed samurai could only swing at air. Bishamon raised an eyebrow in confusion as his opponent slowly appeared right beside the cursed samurai. Raising his katana up high, the Silver Samurai swung at the cursed samurai, causing him to stumble a bit.Bishamon quickly turned around to face his opponent, but unfortunately, due to the many sword swings that made contact with him. Harada could only give a small laugh as he backed away before throwing a few ninja stars at the cursed samurai's direction. Bishamon quickly stared down the ninja stars as he gracefully dodged each star, even slicing one with his katana at one point. It was then, at this moment, the Silver Samurai then pulled out a large ninja star.With one heavy throw, the large ninja star circled right towards the cursed samurai's direction. Thinking fast, Bishamon raised his katana and sliced right through the large ninja star, splitting it in half as both pieces fell before the samurai's feet.The cursed samurai could only laugh as he narrowed his eyes at his opponent, an odd glow of souls forming around him.(50 Seconds) Harada narrowed his eyes as he was wondering what exactly Bishamon was doing, but his question got swiftly answered pretty fast. For at that moment, Bishamon waved his hand to send a floating soul shaked like a skull flying towards the silver clad samurai's way. Harada tried to move out of the way, but unfortunately, the soul was a little quicker as it engulfed the Silver Samurai as he momentarily got dizzy, a few flying skulls surrounding him with a large laughing skull in the middle of his stance.Bishamon smirked as he used it as his chance to strike. Raising his katana and lightning reflexes, the cursed samurai ran towards his opponent, sliding towards him as he slashed his opponent, causing the Silver Samurai to hold his tongue, feeling the pain. Then, Bishamon turned around and slid into him again, slashing the man as the circling skulls surrounding the silver clad samurai disappeared."Okay, child's play... but can you outbest me with this?" The Silver Samurai smirked as he stared down at the cursed samurai.Before the confused samurai could ask what on Earth he was talking about, the Silver Samurai started to focus on his ring as he teleported behind Bishamon. The cursed samurai, expecting it, turned around fast to swing, only for the Silver Samurai to teleport again behind Bishamon and slash the cursed samurai, causing him to stumble.Bishamon growled as he turned towards the Silver Samurai, clutching onto his katana. "Oh, your blood will be spilt before the end of the day..."(40 Seconds)As quick as a flash, the mouth in Bishamon's armor opened up as a large poltergeist hand came out from it, grabbing the surprised Silver Samurai as it raised him up in the air. Giving a smirk, Bishamon used the ghostly hand to squeeze the Silver Samurai. The Silver Samurai groaned as he tried to shake himself loose, but the hand seemed to be clutching on tightly. The samurai's eyes tried to find a weak point on the floating hand, but it was pretty hard when it was squeezing him quite good.All of a sudden, the Silver Samurai began to glow as a white aura surrounded him. As soon as he felt the hand loosening, the samurai dropped to the ground as he ran charging at Bishamon, katana raised in the air. Bishamon tried to defend himself with his own katana, but after a few good slashes to his abdomen, the cursed samurai started to stumble. The Silver Samurai could only give a smirk before shutting his eyes.Bishamon raised his eyebrows as he grew curious to see what trick the silver clad swordsman would do next. All of a sudden, as if by magic, five more Silver Samurai appeared alongside him as they looked ready to fight.Bishamon could only laugh at the copies as he said, "This is your best technique? Well, as they say, six on one is no fair, but six on six..."The cursed samurai spun around as six ghost versions of himself appeared before the six Silver Samurais. "...I'd say we're pretty even..."(30 Seconds)All six Silver Samurais narrowed their eyes as they all charged at the six ghostly Bishamons. The twelve opponents clashed katanas as each of them battled in their own unique way, but in the middle of it all were the real Bishamon and Silver Samurai, duking it out with their own weapons.Silver Samurai growled as he focused on his sword, which started to glow with tachyon energy. Giving a smirk, he swung towards the cursed samurai, knocking him into the air as he flew over to a wall.CRASH!The side of the wall got dented as a few outsiders lurked out to see what was going on. The cursed samurai, recovering, growled as he pulled out his own katana and threw it directly at the Silver Samurai, piercing him in the chest. The surprised Samurai grunted a bit in pain as Bishamon used his hands to summon the katana back. Of course, summoning the weapon back also meant drawing the fighter close.As the silver clad samurai learned the hard way, being grabbed by the exposed neck was a rather weak point. Harada choked as Bishamon gave a giant smirk.(20 Seconds) The cursed samurai then jumped in the air, taking with him the trapped Silver Samurai. It was when they reached his highest point that he let go of the Silver Samurai's neck, letting him fall. His katana in hand, Bishamon dove straight for the Silver Samurai and sent an aerial slash straight at the samurai. Little did the cursed samurai realize was that at the last moment, the Silver Samurai's ring activated as he teleported away, causing the cursed samurai to swing at thin air.Quick and nimble, the purple skinned samurai landed on his feet as he looked around warily, growling as he held up his katana. All of a sudden, appearing behind him was Harada, as he took a cheap swing towards Bishamon, causing the samurai to back away in pain. The Silver Samurai then held up his sword as lightning bolts came out of it, pushing the stunned cursed samurai away.However, Bishamon was not deterred as his eyes narrowed in anger. "I have had enough of your foolishness. Be prepared to die by the tip of my sword!"With that declaration, Bishamon gave out a loud yell as his armor started to change color from red to yellow. The Silver Samurai could only watch as the demonic samurai gave a small chuckle, raising his katana. But, not looking to give up, the Silver Samurai held up his own katana for defense.(10 Seconds)As soon as Bishamon had transformed, he turned his head towards the ready-to-finish-it Silver Samurai as he gave a dark chuckle. The dark samurai laughed as he rushed towards the silver-clad samurai, slashing his armor, causing the man to bleed. But, even though the Silver Samurai was starting to bleed from his chest, the man gave a growl as he readied his katana.(5...)Once again, the katana filled with tachyon energy as the Silver Samurai raised the sword up.(4...)At around the same time, Bishamon raised up his katana, intent for a kill.(3...)Both of them swung their katanas at the same time, causing them to clash.(2...)Much to one samurai's horror, their sword was cut clean in half, which left them open for the finishing blow.(1...)SLASH!And one swipe and knock-out from the Muramusa Sword was more than enough as Bishamon got himself knocked out.KO! The Silver Samurai looked a little fatigued as he looked down at his downed opponent. Giving a small smirk, he put his sword away."Hmph. So much for a samurai. No matter. My honor has been restored..." Harada said as he examined the downed samurai. "Still, I underestimated him. Turns out he can put quite a fight..."With that said and done, Harada nodded as he turned to see the three watching people, who were recently joined by a few other people, most of which looked ready to fight."Wow..." Jon Talbain said in surprise as he stared at Charles Xavier. "I can't believe that guy just took down Bishamon just like that!"Charles Xavier looked towards the werewolf with a nod. "We better keep on our toes. He may have helped us subdue Bishamon, but he's still adamant about us.""Hmmmm..." The Silver Samurai smirked as he looked to see Wolverine readying his claws, and a few X-Men and Darkstalkers preparing their stances. "Well, well... a few mutants and Darkstalkers daring to fight me. Pretty bold, if I do say so, myself..."Wolverine growled as he narrowed his eyes at the Silver Samurai, his claws out as Talbain joined him, taking a few deep breaths as he let out a howl. But before anyone could make a move...CRACK!
From the animators of Death Battle, this is ONE MINUTE MELEE! WHERE ALL THE FIGHTS ARE SETTLED IN 60 SECONDS!
RESEARCH?! THERE'S NO TIME FOR RESEARCH! WE PUT 60 SECONDS ON THE CLOCK! AND LET THE FIGHTERS DO ALL THE TALKING!
2 FIGHTERS, NO RESEARCH, 60 SECONDS, 1. MINUTE. MELEE!
Welcome to the One Minute Melee Fanon Wiki!
Where you — Yes, YOU! — can write your own episodes of One Minute Melee!
- For the wiki's guidelines and expected conduct, please click here.
Content and Discussions Moderator
Suggested One Minute Melees
Want to delve early into some One Minute Melees written by some of the users? Here's some recommended reads!
'Video Games' Themed One Minute Melees
'Anime/Manga' Themed One Minute Melees
Melee one minute
.Link vs Cloud (Zelda vs Final Fantasy) One Minute Melee S6 EP8
You will also be interested:
- Iphone 5s metropcs price
- Walmart dme
- Intel i7 5820k
- D11 dozer torque
- Brewery zanesville ohio
- Sand pro 500
- Happy saturday quotes